Friday, February 12, 2010

Today's Happy Hour Soundtrack...

...which (Happy Hour) was taken outdoors with just a light jacket in full sun.  And we're still in progress, as we speak.


"I can do whatever I want..."

 
And whatever I want includes a couple of Shiner Hefeweizens and an Acid Nasty, followed up with an Acid Blondie.  Reviews on the Blondie are decidedly mixed if not outright unfavorable.  Oh well... taste is all in our mouths, as it's said.  I happen to like 'em.  Screw popular opinion. 

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My king loves Shiner, the brewery is a short drive from the house and a lovely place, indeed.

    I am taking your advice this Friday night. I have bourbon and a good cigar going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as you don't have that darn bumper sticker on your car that says, "I'm retired and I can do what I want"!! Altho, you can, right?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, forgot to say, if you don't already listen to her, I think you might like Leona Lewis -- (I Just Want To Be Happy)-- one of my favorites right now. Everybody knows Bleeding Love, but Happy is a better video.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah - Sinead O'Connor. So controversial yet so talented. And I agree with Kath - Leona Lewis is amazing and Happy is so much better than Bleeding Love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, Daphne. We were of similar minds last evening. I broke out the single malt and enjoyed yet another cigar while watching the Opening Ceremonies.

    Alison: I did. And I hope you did, too!

    Kath: Thanks for the tip on Leona Lewis. I listened to a couple of her songs this morning and she's pretty good. And yeah... I CAN do whatever I want. No bumper sticker to that effect, tho.

    Kris: Yeah, I don't think I'd hang with Sinead in real life but I like (most of) her music.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.