Tuesday, November 15, 2005

For the Record

My sig:


The ribbons, in order from left to right, top to bottom:  Meritorious Service Medal, Air Force Commendation Medal (with one Oak Leaf Cluster), Air Force Outstanding Unit Award, Air Force Good Conduct Medal (w/5 OLCs... should actually be seven), National Defense Service Medal, Air Force Overseas Ribbon (Long), Air Force Service Longevity Ribbon (w/5 OLCs), NCO PME Graduate Ribbon, Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon.  I also qualify for the "Air Force Overseas Ribbon (Short)," but in my day the regulations specified you could wear one or the other, not both.  That has since changed.

The command patch is the emblem of the now defunct Air Force Communications Command, the MAJCOM in which I spent my final five years of service.  I also served in Air Defense Command (ADC, later Aerospace Defense Command), USAF Security Service (later Electronic Security Command) and VERY briefly in Tactical Air Command (when ADC went away).

And those are "old" Master Sergeant stripes.

4 comments:

  1. So you wintered over at the South Pole. That is the ribbon that is second row, to the right, right?
    This is the second one I have ever seen being worn by someone.
    Heltau

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, Heitau... that ribbon is the Air Force overseas long-tour ribbon. Thanks for asking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buck,
    Thanks for your service.
    George

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.