Thursday, October 09, 2014

Today's Happy Hour Soundtrack

We got back to El Casa Inmóvil De Pennington about an hour ago after making a trip out to Cannon Airplane Patch to run a few errands.  The first thing we did when we got back was to throw open the windows and door, mainly coz it's a beautiful day here on The High Plains o' New Mexico (read as: 80 big-ass degrees, brilliant sunshine and nearly dead still).  The second thing we did was light off the stereo and the third thing(s) was to pour a Left Hand Milk Stout and cut a cee-gar before heading out to the verandah.  We're in for a refill as we speak and to put this up:


Now I've got a suitcase full of fifty pound notes
And a half-naked woman
With her tongue down my throat

And I feel so good, and I feel so good
Oh I feel so good I'm going to
Break somebody's heart tonight
A half-naked woman and a suitcase full o' 50 pound notes sounds like a recipe for a great good time, doesn't it?  I think I'd take either one when it comes to the suitcase and the half-naked woman but... alas... both options seem to be out of reach at the moment.  At any rate, "Rumor and Sigh" is the first album up in our Happy Hour rotation, to be followed by the Stones (Exile On Main Street), Lucinda Williams (Car Wheels On a Gravel Road), and a couple o' others.  I think Happy Hour MIGHT last a lil bit longer than usual today.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I'd remember what to do with a half-naked woman... but I think I'd like to try.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.