Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Dinner

SN1, Grandson Sean, and I* journeyed into beautiful downtown Hampton this evening to dine on raw fish and other delicacies at Musasi restaurant. Like this:




The first pic is SN1 and Sean, the second pic is my entree, about which we had already done considerable damage by the time I took that pic.  I have to mention the fact that Sean's taste has broadened considerably since his first encounter with sushi.  This time out he ate the tuna and the salmon roe with considerable gusto.  The last time?  Not so much.

So.  We got back over an hour ago but I took an hour off to sit out on the verandah, have a cigar, and drink three fingers (x2) o' SN1's Macallan stash.  Let me say this about that: the good weather I brought with me from New Mexico has vanished into the ether, replaced by what's usual, customary and quite UNreasonable for this part o' the world, which is to say 80 degrees and 85% relative humidity at 2200 hrs, Gentle Reader.  That's like the dead o' night and it's frickin' STIFLING outdoors.  But, Hey!  It what it is and what it is... is GOOD.

* Where's DIL Erma, you may ask?  She's in NM, attending to granddaughter Monique who had an ultrasound today.  It's a boy!  That would be great-grandchild number five, but who's counting?  Not me.

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, for all it's beauty the East Coast does tend to get a bit muggy every now and then. (It's all the water. Something I'm not seeing a lot of where I'm at right now!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "A BIT muggy?" Hell, I was thinkin' I needed an aqualung last night...

      Delete
  2. Oops, almost forgot, congrats to the whole family for the new little one. May the young lad have a long, happy and healthy life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new Grand Boy! Sean is becoming quite the handsome young man - good genes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but the new grandbaby ain't here yet... he arrives sometime in February. The event was his first photo-op.

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.