Saturday, June 22, 2013

Linkage

Occasional Reader Rob sends along a link to 43 ads from the 40s and 50s, as seen in Field and Stream.  Here's one such (click for really larger):


Somehow I just can't picture Mom wearing these.

Something else I can't picture:


If you were a kid you'd go to jail for rolling one of these into a group today.  Hell, you'd go to jail just for having one.  

Full disclosure: I had a mini-arsenal of grenades, pistols, rifles, swords, knives, and other assorted weapons as a kid and look how I turned out.  Wait.  Mebbe that isn't a good ideer to do.

4 comments:

  1. Apparently they can be tricky... so much so that my parents didn't allow for anything more destructive than common western gear with caps.

    http://www.blazingcatfur.blogspot.ca/2013/06/improper-grenade-handling-technique.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was interesting... and I laughed... but REAL grenades aren't all that funny.

      Delete
  2. My mom had an assortment of amazing nightgowns in the late 60's to early 70's. They were soft and shear and often short. Maybe that is why I have a baby sister. Pajama makers today should take notice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe that is why I have a baby sister.

      AND a couple o' brothers...

      I like my women to sleep au naturel.

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.