Sunday, May 08, 2011

There WILL Be a Game Six


Our emotions were VERY sinusoidal tonight... swinging from the depths of despair to something approximating ecstasy, or as close as we get to that of late.  At the depths of our emotional swing we were thinkin' it was as good as over, what with the Wings going down by 3-1 within a minute after the the third period began.  O, ye of little faith!   The Wings found their game and mounted a third period attack and took it to the Sharks with a determined ferocity.  And they triumphed, winning 4-3.

So.  Yet another one-goal game.  Yet another game where the Wings had a slow start and the bounces... such as they were... all seemed to be going in San Jose's favor.  But the Wings hung in there, persevered and ground out a win that ensures their season lasts at least one more game.

And that's the way ya gotta look at it: one game at a time.  Win Game Six at The Joe and then get back to San Jose for Game Seven, where it'll be anybody's series.  Big Mo has swung in the Wings' direction, and I like that.  They might just pull this off.

Oh.  One more thing... Hey S-Andy!  Pbbbbt!  smiley emoticons

Update, 2140 hrs:  The game winning goal, credited to Tomas Holmstrom on a tip-in from a blast by The Perfect Human.  But watch Datsyuk make a perfect fool out of Patrick Marleau before passing off to Lidstrom at the point... that's a thing o' beauty!



Datsyuk was playing hurt, btw... slowed down by a wrist injury.

4 comments:

  1. "Slowed down by a wrist injury."

    That's like saying "Couldn't tie his tie because of an ankle injury."

    He's not hurt. every year, 2 or 3 guys who do well are "playing hurt." It's everybody's favorite little playoffs cliche. Having said that, he's, uh, pretty good at playing hockey.

    Win-win for me: I hate the Wings and want them to lose, but I picked them to win the series at NHL.com's little playoffs challenge. And I'm dong pretty well over there so far. My fellow Mile High Hockey contestants hate me for picking the Wings, but I gamble with my head, not my heart (even when there's nothing at stake).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's like saying "Couldn't tie his tie because of an ankle injury."

    Heh. But Dats didn't take one single face-off, so I tend to believe he IS hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's just preventive maintenance. He was hurt, and they want to minimize chances of re-injury. Fact is, he's playing as good as he ever has, which is really friggin good, and he couldn't be that good if he was currently hurt. It's just one of those story lines that sports people use. Always bugs me when I hear it. Franzen? Yup, I'll say he's hurt, and a big loss. Datsyuk? I'd say he's feeling fine.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.