Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Sweep!


Tampa Bay pulled off the improbable... winning tonight's game by a score of 5-3 while sweeping the Washington Capitols, the East's Number One seed.  The Lightning also won their seventh in a row this evening, in a game I wish I could have seen.  I got to watch a lackadaisical performance by the Flyers... the team of many goalies... who lost their third in a row against the B's.  So, we're set-up for a re-run of last year's phenomenal Flyers comeback, when they became the third team in NHL history to win a seven game series after falling behind 0-3.  Somehow I don't think we're gonna see THAT again.

And now we're watching the Beloved Wings in another close one with San Jose.  The Wings are ahead 3-2 as we speak, with nine minutes left in the third.

LGRW!

7 comments:

  1. Yeah Buck, looks like You and Me have to hope and pray for miracles on ice. I returned from the CZ to watch my beloved Flyers go in and stink up the TD Bank Place there Boston. Maybe they can pull it off, almost the same team as last year. I hope Detroit finds that luck as well.

    BT: Jimmy T sends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will pull for the beloved Wings, although it will mean more hockey posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watched the 'Bolts beat the arrogant Caps, 'twas a great beautiful thang.
    Too bad TBWs didn't hold on. Here's hoping they can pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought the title of this post was a prediction of that beautiful-so-far Sharks series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe they can pull it off, almost the same team as last year. I hope Detroit finds that luck as well.

    I don't think so, Jimmy... not in either case. But we can hope, I suppose.

    I will pull for the beloved Wings, although it will mean more hockey posts :)

    I'll still post hockey stuff, Lou, even if the Wings lose this round. I'm a Wings fan FIRST but I'm still a hockey fan, after all is said and done.

    Deb: Thank ya, Ma'am. But you KNOW the odds of comin' back from 0-3.

    Andy: STFU.

    Skip: Hunh?

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.