Friday, May 20, 2011

Another Reason I Miss Hockey Night In Canada... Two of 'Em, Actually

What if they threw a hockey game and the Green Men didn’t show? We discovered the answer Wednesday as technicians at Rogers Arena in Vancouver appeared to move the camera angle for the penalty box for Game 2 of the Western Conference final to eliminate the unitards from ruining an otherwise decent family program. But the annoying Green Men took a pass on the game, reportedly so that daddy could use the seats. (Or maybe they were stinging from the rebuke delivered by their hero, Don Cherry, back in the Vancouver Canucks-Nashville Predators series.)

CBC got something even more controversial than the Green Men, however: an eye full from a female fan who flashed her breasts live on camera as San Jose Sharks winger Ben Eager made yet another trip to the sin bin in the third period. (Which might explain why the hapless Sharks forward kept getting himself sent to the penalty box so often.) Needless to say Twitter, YouTube and Facebook instantly captured the moment for a waiting world that might have missed the passing shot, replete with allusions to the twins (not Sedin) being good on the glass, and so on.
Versus didn't pick this up but the CBC did, as noted above.  None of the hockey guys I follow on Twitter caught this, either, but then again they're all US-based bloggers and writers.  There's film at 1100 but a picture is worth a thousand words, too.


The twins ARE lookin' good.

8 comments:

  1. Damn. I think that's a great idea. I've got to see if I can whip up some female penalty box support for the B's when the series returns to Boston.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The twins ARE lookin' good."

    You are very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing quite like a nice blend of sports and sex


    v-word = flite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a story! What a pic! And the guy in the box--his name is really Ben EAGER! I'm sure he was/is. Priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering how long it was going to take you to pick up on that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Should become a tradition... of course if its the same lady, once a few decades pass... 0o

    Much better than those green men from mars or where they hail from.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm pretty sure the same gal was over here?


    v word = plabial

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jim: The ECF has turned into a series after last night. Forgive me, but I'm rooting for the Yzerbolts.

    Lou: Me and about ten thousand other hockey guys, who said much the same thing.

    Skip: Yes... unless your significant other wants to play while you want to watch the game. Things get ugly along about then. Don't ask me how I know...

    Deb: I saw this late, late Wednesday night, just didn't blog about it then.

    Anon: I gotta agree with you about the "better than" thing.

    Ivan: Thanks for that link!!

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.