Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Today's Happy Hour Soundtrack

Bowie, from his Diamond Dogs period:



Rebel Rebel, how could they know?
Hot tramp, I love you so!
Ah, "hot tramp" would be the story of my love life with the exception of the two Mrs. Penningtons.  Wait.  Didn't they choose ME as their consort?

Never mind.  Tramps it is, then.  In a manner o' speaking.

―:☺:―

Apropos of not much... the Keith Richards station is THE most eclectic station I've defined on Pandora, evah.  Today's Happy Hour has featured selections from Bowie, the Stones, Keith hisownself, Waylon Jennings, Pink Floyd, Foo Fighters, Cream, Ozzie, the Allman Bros, and AC/DC just to name a few, and that's just today.  I defined this station back when I began reading Keef's autobiography and it's become The Only Station I Need.  HIGHLY recommended.

10 comments:

  1. Ok, you've gone on long enough about Pandora that I just went over there to check it out. Not available in the Great Canadiana. :( (we might end up listening to a song with the word 'faggot' in it)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, ya GOTTA love a gub'mint with your best interests at heart, dontcha? You have no choice, actually. Just like us with light bulbs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok. You just tempted me -- I'm gonna have to check out Pandora.

    Light bulb police. Heh -- sorta.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd say the station reflects your writings. All classics with a wide variety. I can think of no other blog covering news, tech, music, local WX, foreign adventures, and cats watching toilets flush. That's just the first page! Bowie took it first but you are a Thin White Duke.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I'm not very good with techie stuff, but we got a blueray thangie and now I have Pandora on my TV with surround sound.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bowie had some really great music, but he is one strange puppy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Moogie: I think you'll be pleased.

    Anon1: Wow... you make me blush! FWIW, I used to joke about Bowie stealing that Thin White Duke thing, back in the day. Thanks so much for the very nice words!

    Lou: Wow... you tech-maven, YOU!

    Anon2: "Strange" doesn't go quite far enough, methinks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anon2: "Strange" doesn't go quite far enough, methinks.
    __________

    Just trying to keep it PG. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like Bag Blog, I followed your recommendation and got Pandora on my blue ray with surround. Love it. My Bill Monroe station sounds fantastic.

    I'm not a big fan of Bowie, but I like this song. The vid is a bit disconcerting though; is it an official vid?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dan: I think the opening sequence of this vid... in the bar... is from Bowie's "Let's Dance" video. The rest of it? I don't think it's "official."

    Anon2: Your efforts are MUCH appreciated. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.