Wednesday, January 05, 2011

The Usual Source...

... is what we military types call a "target rich environment" today.  There are SO many good cartoons there it was hard to pick just one, but I did it.  I picked just one:


Go look.

―:☺:―

In other news... it's my considered opinion that last night's Sucre Bowl was the best bowl game this year.  The Big Ten had its honor kinda-sorta restored but it was a very near-run thing.  It might have turned out MUCH different if the Hogs' receivers hadn't dropped so many passes and if Mallet hadn't thrown an INT deep in Tosu territory with just a minute left.  OTOH, it might have been a blow-out if The Hated Buckeyes hadn't suffered as many injuries as they did.  On the whole?  VERY entertaining and real serious edge-of-your-seat stuff in the second half.

Related:  Poor Rich Rodriguez.  But if you're Big Blue ya do what ya gotta do.

4 comments:

  1. I've had too much football lately - kind of like having too many sweets over the holidays. I just could not do one more sugar bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rodriguez' problem was that he wasn't a Maize & Blue alum--was an outsider all the way. One commenter said somewhere that he was never really ever able to get everybody on the same page--players, coaching staff, School Admin or the alums--ever. Just too many factions. And the team was apparently split between the hold-overs and the Rodriguez recruits as well--could never get everyone to buy into the system. And then the defense...plus, as linked art points out, the cubboard was pretty bare for starters..the associated linked story at the link by Adam Rittenberg really covers the "cultural" mis-match about Rich not fitting the Mich landscape pretty well..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buck, no doubt it was the best bowl game yet.

    Oddly, I'm not really looking forward so much to the Cotton Bowl. Can't seem to get a good "hate-on" for A & M. Oh, I know they have a rep for being the most obnoxious in the Southwest (and deservedly so, from what I've heard), but it's gonna be hard to top the Sugar Bowl.

    I don't even think the Auburn/Oregon game could be better. Even though there is much more on the line, I doubt we'll see a better game. Yeah...dropped passes...you just can't do that against a quality team and expect to win.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lou: Not me, but I HAVE had too much of blow-outs and mismatched games. You'd think the Bowls would be better than they are.

    Virgil: Agreed on most counts. Still, ya gotta feel sorry for the guy. I think he'll land well.

    Andy: I kinda like those Aggies. Watching games that place in College Station is a LOT o' fun. Fans iz fans, but some are more obnoxious than most. See: OU. Or ask any ND hater. ;-)

    I'm holdin' out hope for Auburn-Oregon. I don't think it's gonna be quite the blow-out I think you think it's gonna be. But mebbe I should think about that. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.