Friday, September 12, 2008

Amazing. Surprising, Too.

I received an e-mail from Blog-Buddy Laurie a few minutes ago with an interesting tidbit that I was unaware of… see the graphic below.


Well, now! Who’d a thunk it? It seems I've been nominated for "Best Air Force Blog" in this year's Milbloggies. I have no illusions of winning, as I’m not really a Milblogger. I’m a blogger that happened to be IN the military, once upon a time. And yeah, I do put up the occasional newsy-note about the Air Force and Lord Knows I do tend to rant about it a bit, too. But I ain’t even in the OpFor category. But I am honored that I was even nominated. Wow.


Still and even… I wouldn’t think of stopping you if you should feel moved to go express your support. (insert smiley face thingie here)

13 comments:

  1. Great job you are doing there for the ol' AF! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do us old Air Force one-times vote?

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Mushy.

    Pat: Vote at the "Milbloggies" link in the post. Ya gotta register to do so, but it's no big deal... instructions are there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go, Buck!!

    Must go vote, now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always the last to know, huh?
    Way to go, voted for you yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup... "last to know"... that's the Story of My Life, LOL! Thanks for the vote, Susan. I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christina: I appreciate your support, too. I remain amazed at this whole turn of events... but it's made life "interesting," LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you didn't know??? Hm....something I knew before you did huh? One of those early votes.....yours truly :D

    you know how much I enjoy your musings :D

    I even went as far as attending an Air Force Ball tonight....thought of you as I mumbled through the Air Force Song....I guess I should learn all the branches songs since I have to attend their formal events....

    Anyway, I now own my first Air Force Coin....pretty cool eh? for an Old Army Spouse/former soldier, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  9. ASW sez: you didn't know??? Hm....something I knew before you did huh? One of those early votes.....yours truly :D

    [...]

    Anyway, I now own my first Air Force Coin....pretty cool eh? for an Old Army Spouse/former soldier, huh?


    Nope... I really didn't know. Thanks for your vote, ASW... as with the others: much appreciated!

    That IS cool about your USAF coin! You now have the exact same number of AF coins as I have. The whole "coin" thing happened after I retired... I have exactly two, one from SN2s ship commissioning (Navy, obviously), and one that SN1 gave me... and that's IT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have one I may have to send you... :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmm. That big ol' grin makes me wonder, ASW! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, Buck, I tried to vote for you, but - as usual, for me - I was a day late. I guess it closed off on Sunday. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's the thought and all that, Jim. ;-)

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.