Friday, October 05, 2007

"Sun's Up. Pass Me That Bottle..."

Today’s Pic: The sunrise, taken a little less than an hour ago. I didn’t get up early enough to get the best color, and therefore the best shot, but this will do. Click for larger, as always.

Bonus points to anyone who can tell me which Jethro Tull song this post title references. Neither Google nor Yahoo! searches return anything on this quote, but I know it exists. Ian Anderson, or someone quite like him, speaks these very words as the intro to a song on a Tull album. I checked all the lyrics to “Stand Up,” “Benefit,” “Aqualung,” “Thick as a Brick,” and “Living in the Past”…with no joy. I seem to remember this as the intro to a song on “Aqualung,” but I could be wrong. At any rate, these very words were used... a lot... by me and mine during my wild youth, particularly after hard nights. Of which there were more than a few.

Back in a few, after I make the rounds…

3 comments:

  1. Great Sunrise.....seldom am I up that early(unless on my way to my part time Honda gig) and then if I am, I'm without camera....my best are usually Sunsets on the Gulf of Mexico....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunrise is always a challenge for me, as I prefer to lay abed until at least 7:00am - rendering sunrise a dim memory for the day. I'm much better at sunsets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat: Sunsets on the water, any water, are among the BEST.

    Kris...I've said it before and I'll say it again: You do good...no, GREAT...work.

    Apropos of nothing...I used to see a LOT more sunrises back in the day when I was still employed. And all too often from this vantage point. These days I'm just as likely to see the sunrise coz I stayed up all night as not.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.