Thursday, February 08, 2007

Baroque

Today’s Pic: An architectural detail on the Hotel Adolphus in Dallas. From their web site:

A baroque masterpiece opened in 1912, The Adolphus Dallas hotel ushered in a grand new era of sophisticated Dallas lodging. Amid such treasures as early Flemish tapestries and a Victorian Steinway once owned by the Guggenheims, you can recall the splendor of bygone days and almost feel the presence of the famous guests who stayed here before you. Once you are shown through our carriage doors, you may just feel like royalty yourself.

One of the better hotels I’ve stayed in…it really is “a baroque masterpiece,” inside and out.

February, 2004.

3 comments:

  1. I have stayed at the Adolphus, and I did feel like a queen. It was a coner room with wonderful windows. I have a great story about that trip - several actually, but I will have to blog it rather than take up all of your comment space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it ain't baroque.... don't fix it.

    HAHAHA!

    Okay, overtired, must sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it ain't baroque.... don't fix it.

    LOL! Hope you're better, now that you've had your beauty rest. :-)

    Lou...comment space is unlimited here at EIP! But I understand you might want blog-fodder.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.