Thursday, June 15, 2006

A Notice of Sorts

Blogging will be light tomorrow and possibly Saturday. My old AF buddy Lee Chung is passing through and will spend tonight, tomorrow, and possibly Saturday in P-Town. Lee and I met in Klamath Falls, Oregon, when we were both stationed at Keno AFS on the eastern side of the Oregon Cascades. The year was 1972, so we go back a ways. Lee still lives in Oregon, but he’s in Corvallis now. The last time I saw Lee was just a little over six years ago, and he was still an enthusiastic partner-in-crime. Coincidentally, this year Lee is on a fairly long bike trip…Corvallis to Houston and back, and lots of points in between. What’s on the agenda? Fat Tire and old man reminiscing. That’s what happens when you get old… No more “three felonies before breakfast” stuff. I’m only half-kidding. They were arguably misdemeanors.

Not Quite Clear on the Concept, End-User Division: I’m what you get when you submit the following query to Google…copied verbatim from Site Meter:

what is the return on income for dilliards department store, in setting their business strategy within the last two years.

No sh*t. I’m the first of (just) two hits for that query. Imagine the disappointment.

3 comments:

  1. Klamath Falls, interesting, I know someone who lives there now, guess I didn't realize there was an AFB there, or is it still in existence?

    Have a good time, but not *too* good. Wouldn't want you to need bail or anything like that. Does Lee read this blog? *waving*

    About the google search you said "Imagine the disappointment." which cracked me up totally. Sometimes I have felt that way, but then I get some really scary searches like: names of all air force personnel 2006 or things that make me worry about who is searching those kinds of things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Men with motorcycles is the one thing that puts a little fear in me. It is like a boy with a toy. I guess I will stick with safer things like white-water rafting which is definitely something you should put on your "to do" list. The owner of Los Rios River Runners is a personal friend if you get back up to the Taos area. I hope you have a good time in P-town with your buddy, Lee.

    Gosh, it is good to be home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laurie: The base in K-Falls was Kingsley Field, a shared facility with the metro K-Falls airport. When I was there in the '70s it was a "dispersal" alert facility for a couple of F-106 interceptors that rotated in/out from an AF base somewhere north of us. I used to know, but have forgotten. Kingsley's other function was the HQ and support facility (barracks, mess hall, orderly room, commissary, etc.) for the radar squadron at Keno Air Force Station, some 35 miles to the west.

    I passed through K-Falls a few years back and was gratified to see Kingsley Field is still open, albeit as an Oregon Air Guard base. Air Force magazine has a good photo-layout on Kingsley Field titled The Eagles of Klamath Falls. It's in PDF format.

    Lou sez: Gosh, it is good to be home.

    Oh my, but I DO agree!!

    And about men with motorcycles... Fear is a helpful and necessary thing to have when it comes to riding. They are dangerous, but that's part of the appeal, I suppose. Riding, for me, was (and is) a zen-like experience. I've never been more focused on the task at hand than when riding a bike at speed.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.