Saturday, January 14, 2006

Resisting the Urge...

...to launch a rant. I won't, though I'm powerfully tempted. Today is the premier broadcast of "NHL on NBC," with three regional games on tap: Rangers vs. Red Wings, Dallas vs. Boston, and Colorado vs. Philly. Guess which game I want to watch? Guess which game I get? Colorado is up, 2-0 at the start of the second.

Stupid hockey quote of the day, so far:

Bill Clement to Ray Ferraro - "Is there any team better than the Flyers right now?"

Ferraro: "No" (albeit with much rationalization)
That said after the Red Wings handed Philly their (heads) last night, 6-3. And the Flyers are down 2-0 as I write. But this is the new NHL, where even a three goal lead ain't dog-poopie.

Saving grace for today's game: Dave Strader, one of the best commentators in hockey, is providing the play-by-play for the Avs-Flyers. Dave used to be the play-by-play guy for local Red Wings broadcasts on channel 50 in Detroit. Dave's obviously one of my favorite hockey guys, aside from the commentators on CBC's "Hockey Night in Canada." Could ya tell?

Gotta go get more cold drugs today. I thought I was getting over this krep, but no such luck. It's a persistent cold, this one! I labored under the delusion I was getting "better," all evidence to the contrary, before taking the last of the TC&F-S late last evening. So, a resupply is on the agenda today, after the game (such as it is).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just be polite... that's all I ask.