Tuesday, December 06, 2005



I'm Not Ready for This!

I suppose one is never ready for that first bone-chilling blast of winter. {Sigh} So winter arrives. The upper Mid-West has already had their blast of Arctic air, and there's some rather humorous discussion of same over at Ann Althouse's blog. Ann responds to a predictable comment about snow/cold from Florida:

As to the nah-nah-ing from Florida: You know, we don't do that to you when you have your hurricanes. Should we? If the answer isn't yes, then back off.

Scraping windows and shoveling snow isn't exactly like a hurricane, but I suppose one would get tired of having Floridians, and others from tropical climes, rubbing it in on you. I know I did when I was in Rochester and other too-cold places. The nice thing about our cold snap is just that: it's a snap. All will be well next week. Right? {crosses fingers}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just be polite... that's all I ask.