Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Today's Happy Hour Soundtrack and Yet Another Old Car Brochure Excerpt

Aretha!



I'd take that ride in her pink Cadillac, wouldn't even think twice.

Speaking of pink Cadillacs, this:



I'm really, rilly getting off on the totally UN-PC nature of the ad copy in some of these old brochures.  Can you imagine something like this in an ad today?
One of the special delights which ladies find in Cadillac ownership is the pleasure of being a passenger.

[...]
We invite you to visit your dealer soon - with the man of the house - and spend an hour in the passenger seat of a 1959 Cadillac.
I can't imagine it, either.  God Forbid that a woman might want a Cadillac of her own, yanno?  

Apropos o' not much, I'm thinkin' about making these un-politically correct ads a recurring feature here at EIP, just for the fun that's in it.  And the cars, of course.

2 comments:

  1. I love these old ads. It's such a time capsule and always fascinating to compare to the current time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm gonna be posting a LOT more of these things; stay tuned.

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.