Sunday, June 08, 2014

Today's Happy Hour Soundtrack: Another of Our Two-fers

An old chestnut in two flavors.  First up is a version of the tune by the guy who wrote it...



The best part of this version is the seamless segue into "Our Lady of the Well," which is only heard on the album (For Everyman).  And yes, we haz the album.

And then the version everyone remembers best...



This ain't the first time we've posted the song but it IS the first time we've done that two-fer comparo thing.  We said this about the tune in the wayback:

Monday, January 23, 2012

Today's Happy Hour Soundtrack (And Some Miscellaneous Ramblings)

The musical equivalent o' Comfort Food (The Wiki, she has EVERYthang)...

(the J. Browne vid is here)
Take it easy, take it easy
Don't let the sound of your own wheels
Drive you crazy
Lighten up while you still can
Don't even try to understand
Just find a place to take your stand
and take it easy
Comfort Food...which is easy to eat and it makes ya feel good.... and I suppose it's the same with Comfort Music.  I actually heard the Eagles version o' this tune earlier but I much prefer Mr. Browne's original version, seein' as how I'm one of those Sensitive Seventies Kinda Guys (the comments to that post are pretty interesting, btw).  Or I used to be, at any rate.  Not so much, today.

But.  Comfort Music are the sorta tunes where ya know ALL the words and ya have this tendency to sing along, which we did, of course.  And the Eagles version of the tune ain't half bad, all things considered.  Ya pays yore money and ya makes yore choice.  I LOVE this tune, as it seems to remain relevant after all these years.  Time was when I really had "seven women on my mind" but that's not quite the case any longer.  But I've found a place to make my stand and I'm definitely takin' it easy these days.  More so than I prolly should, actually.
Still crazy after all these years, in other words.  Wait.  That's another tune... and conversation... entirely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just be polite... that's all I ask.