Monday, June 17, 2013

Today's Happy Hour Soundtrack: A Hard Day

Cowboy Junkies with "Anniversary Song:"


And I don't know how I survived those days
before I held your hand
Well I never thought that I would be the one
to admit that the moon and the sun
shine so much more brighter when
seen through two pairs of eyes than
when seen through just one

Have you ever seen a sight as beautiful
as a face in a crowd of people
that lights up just for you?

Have you ever felt more fresh or wonderful
as when you wake
by the side of that boy or girl
who has pledged their love to you?

Well I've known all these things
and the joys that they can bring
Now every morning there's a cup of coffee
and I wear your ring
and I wear your ring ♥
I never once forgot our anniversary when we were married... and the ultimate foolish thing is I STILL remember that day, all too well.  The Second Mrs. Pennington went me one better in the way-back when she'd come to me sometime in September and say "Do you know what day today is?"  "Well, no," I'd respond... "what day IS it?"  "The day we met," she'd reply.

The day we met.  There's a back-story, of course.

They always go us one better, don't they?

6 comments:

  1. I like how the photo is perfectly framed! Wish I a picture of the day I met my favorite girl...

    p.s. Nice BCG's (Birth Control Glasses)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We called 'em RPGs... Rape Prevention Glasses.

      Delete
  2. It is a great picture. I wish I had one of the day Toby and I met. Of course, he was drunk and does not remember that meeting. It was impressive, to say the least.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.