Thursday, March 14, 2013

I'm Not That Smart and Neither Is Google

Seein' as how it's all about ME... there's this, fer starters:



Yup.  I'm like them, in that I had no idea today was pi day.  I can't take the number out beyond four decimal places, either, so I guess I'm really dumb.  I'm still a card-carrying geek in other ways, though, assuming one can be a geek without math.  I'm not sure that's possible.

You'll note I took the above directly out o' my Google Reader.  I won't be able to do that any longer come the first o' July, coz Google's pulling the plug on Reader.  First they tell me iGoogle is goin' away, and now THIS?  I thought their corporate motto was "Do no evil"... and this sure looks like evil to me.  OTOH, I'm not as upset as SOME people:



OK... I KNOW.  I swore up and down I'd never post another Hitler ranting vid, but... Adolf?  He speaks fer me.

And now it's time to go read the overnight mail and answer comments.  We're back to our old schedule, which is to say sleeping 'til the crack o' noon.  

Update, 1700 hrs:  Free alternatives to Google Reader listed here.  Free is good, yanno?

11 comments:

  1. Maybe it's time the courts split up Google like they did the phone company?

    Oh... wait!

    That didn't work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are SO right about "that didn't work."

      Delete
  2. What's Google reader and what are RSS feeds?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "And God said... let there be Luddites. And they were legion upon the land."

      (I made that up.) ;-)

      Delete
    2. Being the simple soul, I just bookmarked the places I want to go

      Re: That best cities thing a few posts back, I don't have a goat in that rodeo
      But, even Cleveland has a redeeming factor to give it a best something

      Delete
    3. In re: Cleveland. Best moonbat congresscritter, EVAH?

      Delete
  3. I was ready for Pi day the week before and then completely forgot about it on that day. But I do enjoy this little Pi tune every now and then. It really gets going around 2:25 when the bass comes in.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wK7tq7L0N8E
    Bec

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How clever! You always come up with the best stuff, Bec.

      Delete
  4. Cleveland is 2 hours drive from Pittsburgh. A little further maybe to Niagra Falls. :) Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I just posted in the wrong blogspot that's all. I do it all the time. Nothing to worry about. It was supposed to go under one of the Cleveland bits.
    Curtis

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.