Thursday, March 14, 2013

Today's Happy Hour Soundtrack

Don Henley...


I'm not easy to live with-
I know that it's true
You're no picnic either, babe
And that's one of the things I loved about you
But a time will come around when we need to settle down
Got to get of this merry-go-round
I was either standing in your shadow or blocking your light
Though I kept on trying I could not make it right
For you girl- there's just not enough love in the world
Well now.  Those lyrics resonate but I shall go no further, lest I be accused o' disrespect.

This tune is really an outlier in today's Happy Hour soundtrack.  We're mostly listening to happy upbeat sorts o' tunes, given today is just about THE most brilliant day we've had here on The High Plains o' New Mexico this year.  Spring has sprung and I saw evidence of same when I was out and about earlier today, in the form of beautiful white blossoms on some sorta tree.  I'd name that tree but I'm not an arborist.  I'm pretty sure it was one o' these:


There are a lot o' these trees in the general vicinity.

And now it's back outdoors to continue as we've begun.

2 comments:

  1. I like A LOT of Don's songs, but "Sunset Grill" is my fave. (LUV the horns) It would be a natural for this blog ("all my friends are there") but unfortunately UT doesn't have a vid of the original posted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Sunset Grill" is on "Building the Perfect Beast"... the album I was listening to yesterday. The whole album is most excellent, given as how it also has that "Deadhead sticker on a Cadillac" song, among others. ;-)

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.