Friday, July 27, 2012

Today's Happy Hour Soundtrack... Chirps

Today we changed up after two days of Matchbox Twenty... two days of self-abuse, which we did mainly to see if we could.  Stand the pain, as it were, coz most of the tunes on that Pandora station are from our personal Apocalypse Now period.  So, we withstood it... Hell, we actually enjoyed it.  Kinda-sorta.  But today we're off to kinder and gentler music, which is to say the Joan Osborne station, which never fails to make me smile... mainly coz we loves us our chirps.  First of all, this:

I find it magical (hey)
I feel like I'm loving you in 1963 (hey)
Flowers in my hair (hey)
Little bitty hearts upon my cheek
Baby, you'll be on my mind
'till I kiss you next time
My first thought:  Hell, YES!  Love me like it's 1963... when I was 18 and at my sexual peak, according to experts who claim to know about these things.  My second thought was 180-out... as in Hell, NO!  1963 was the year I graduated from high school, had my heart broken by the lovely but clue-free Roxanne, ran away and went through basic training, and was otherwise similarly indisposed and going through massive changes.  If I wanna go back and be loved in a certain year I'll take 1976, thankyaverymuch.  THAT was a year of good lovin', but we shan't digress.  And then there's this...

Lay your body down, come and let me bring your body down
Listen to my voice, the only sound
As I lullaby you, lullaby you down
Dang, I love this woman's voice (she's a hottie, too).  Yeah, I'd let her lullaby me right down.

And then there's THIS...


Wherein we're renewing an old acquaintance.  We drank more than a few of these when the Lights Went Down In The Sit-tay (ed:  You DIDN'T.  me: Yeah, I did and it hurt me, too.  Sorry.), once upon a time in the near-way-back.  And now it's back outdoors to continue as we've begun.

12 comments:

  1. Hmm-I liked them both. The intro to the Yamagata song is lush. Great choices Buck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were many tunes to choose from today, Kris. These two were just the tip of a very nice iceberg. Glad ya liked 'em.

      Delete
  2. Buck, how is it we're the same age but I graduated from HS in 1962? My DOB 6 May '44. Discuss..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, but you're older than me... by slightly less than a year. My DOB: 3/26/1945.

      Delete
  3. There are those who are totally clueless and think Rice-A-Roni is the San Francisco treat
    Then there are those of us who remember when Anchor Steam was only available in The City on Draught
    There was this place on Green Street about two blocks, more or less, east of Columbus Avenue...
    '63 was the year I discovered Asahi beer (pronounce it Ass High) and knee high...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah and I liked me some Kirin dark

      Delete
    2. Ah. You're a man after my own heart, IT. It took me some time after you to discover Kirin and Asahi... about 1968, to be exact. But I made up for lost time, in spades. I gotta say, though, that I was more of a Sapporo kinda guy when it comes to Japanese beer. It's ALL good, as they say.

      Delete
    3. Oh, man, I'd forgotten about Sapporo, liked it too ...and Nikka whiskey (mizu, skoshy lemon) and some Suntory (and 7-Up)
      Ya see, there was this little stand bar in Sasebo...

      Delete
    4. I'm pretty sure that least two of my Top Ten Hangovers were because of Japanese whiskey. That said, I read something a couple o' years ago that the Japanese were getting into the super-premium whiskey market... in fact I posted something on it. Lemmee see if I can find it... Ah, yes: Here it is, two and a half years ago.

      Delete
  4. Ah, Anchor Steam. Loved it just outside the gates of NAS Alameda ca. 1984. Had I known you liked it Buck, I'd have brought you (us, that is) some of that instead of Sapporo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can always file this away for future reference, Bob. ;-)

      Delete
  5. Dulcet, dulcimer, dullard... ah! Duly filed, MSgt.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.