Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Today's Happy Hour Soundtrack

Keef... with an homage to Al Green and/or the "Memphis Sound:"


I love the horn charts in this tune... they're subtle, yet so necessary to the success of the song.  Brilliant.

―:☺:―

We took our first beer on the verandah (see below) but called it quits shortly thereafter.  I'm not quite acclimated to the heat yet and find it takes a lot out of us, making paying attention to our reading difficult.  

About which, this: reading Hitchens is hard.  I find I can only take his essays in small doses, usually only three or four at a time, mainly because I'm off to the dictionary at least once per page (about which, again: I'm glad I'm reading on my Kindle, it makes those side trips easy) and off to The Wiki at least once per essay.  The man's encyclopedic knowledge and command of the language is frequently above my pay grade but he IS most interesting, and entertaining, so we'll continue to persevere.  Reading Hitchens is guaranteed to make the ol' "I learn sumthin' every day" cliché come true.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you mentioned the "off to the dictionary" thang. I thought it was just me when I read excerpts from Hitchens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It ain't just you... not by a long shot.

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.