Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Today's Happy Hour Soundtrack

We're listening to "The Very Best of Linda" this afternoon...  and the tune below is but one of the cuts on this most excellent album.  I love Linda's singin' but I can't handle her politics.  It's a great good thang that I can keep her singin' and her politics separate, innit?  But we digress...

It's so easy to fall in love
It's so easy to fall in love
It's so easy to fall in love
It's so easy to fall in love
Oh-ooh It's so easy to fall in love
No.  No, it's not.  You don't know what the f*ck you're talkin' about, Darlin'.

8 comments:

  1. come on, Buck. She was in love with Gov. Moonbeam once. So it had to be easy then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think it more like "it's so easy to fall in lust", but in the days she sang that song, LUST wouldn't have been been allowed on the radio waves. heh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was it city slickers where Curly fell in love. That's me, I fall in love often, but as soon as they start talking I get that itch to leave.

    The eyes are for love, but the ears are for torture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is love and then there is love. Some people settle for the easy love. Others, who are willing to work for it, have the real thang. It seems that once you have had the real thang, it would be hard to settle for the other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Skip: Was it love? Or Memorex?

    Anon: I get your point, but I think we were pretty loose in the 70s. "Lust" would've made the cut then.

    Sans: I think many a potential marriage has been ruined once one or the other opened their mouths.

    Lou: You're EXACTLY right. The real thang is VERY rare.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pepper was in lust with Linda when we met. I fixed that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heh. I have a similar story. TSMP told me once "You know the difference between Linda and me? I'm HERE." Point taken.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to go looking for your last happy hour post, cause I thought it was the best place to leave this comment...

    I reviewed some beers at my beer blog and thought you might enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.