Monday, October 10, 2011

Tonight's ADWH Soundtrack

Moonrise over 17th Street
Bob Mould:


I took this song off a mix tape that I made long ago in the way-back.  The tune is by Bob Mould, who achieved minor fame as the guitarist in Hüsker Dü, a band I never really got in to.  But I did buy Mr. Mould's 1989 solo album, from which this tune is taken.  If he had done more songs like this I might have bought more of his stuff... this tune is sort of an anomaly, albeit a very good one.  It fit my mood this evening.

As for the pic... I was about a half-hour too late to get a gorgeous full moon on the rise but this is pretty good, if I do say so.  I really need a longer lens to capture things like this in all their glory, no?

5 comments:

  1. The new place looks wonderful. I think you will be comfy and happy there. The music seems to fit the photo well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't need a longer lens for the moonshot. It is far better to have some kind of foreground detail for moons. The pillars of your building's verandah is perfect; gives it scale and depth. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The music seems to fit the photo well.

    I thought so, Lou. The song is so very short, though! I had to listen to it five or six times last night...

    Kris: I still think I need a longer lens, but thanks for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.