Thursday, August 04, 2011

C'Mon Rain... You Can Do It!

It's no mystery that we're in the midst of a world-class drought here on The High Plains o' New Mexico and throughout the entire southwest, actually.  We got a lil bit o' rain in P-Ville last night but it was typical of our rain storms in that it only lasted for about four or five minutes, or just long enough to wash the dust off of the cars.

This evening ol' Ma Nature is teasing us yet again.  Note the radar picture:


There are storms all around us but not ON us and one can feel the moisture in the air if one steps outside, however briefly.  We have the promise of rain, yet there's precious little hope of delivery on that promise.

Here's what our skies look like...


Looking NNW... and...


Looking SSW.  

I'm hopin' against hope that After Dinner Whiskey Hour gets rained out tonight.  IF that happens you won't hear me complainin'.  Nope, not at all... as a matter of fact I might just go outside and stomp in a few puddles if we get what we need.

5 comments:

  1. I went outside to water my flowers tonight and it began to rain. So I walked around in the rain and continued to water my flowers. The last time I made a big effort to water all my flowers there was an unexpected storm afterwards with about an inch of rain.

    I'm thinking maybe you need to wash your car or polish the windows of ECMdP...something to provoke the rain. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about a rain dance? Maybe after Happy Hour you could get into it. Couldn't hurt. And who knows, the rain gods might smile on Portales.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red: I'm gonna wash the car TODAY. We got nuthin' last night... the clouds cleared away and we had another brilliant moonlit night.

    Dan: A rain dance wasn't in the cards, but a Moondance was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I got to see some rain in northern NM. It may be the only rain I see for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lou: I hope you're not right.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.