Sunday, June 05, 2011

Art

Well, it may not be art... but I know what I like.  We've put fire to the end of a La Gloria Cubana Serie R (and no, that's not a misspelling, it's Spanish) and are just about to make our way outdoors to park our Old Ass under the awning and gaze at the hole where the Lovely Miss Zukiko used to sit.  But about the art...



The cigar is artfully constructed to begin with, but it's the (slightly out o' focus) image of the smokin' lady on the cigar band that I dearly love, mainly for the 1920s gestalt that's in it.  That said, I'm thinkin' I know one or two lil girls that might could want to wear that band on their ring finger for the afternoon.  Too bad they're not here to keep Grandpapa company.

6 comments:

  1. Cigar art - not that is interesting. Missin' your girls, are ya?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didja mean "now," Lou? Or "not?" Cigar bands ALWAYS makes me think o' lil kids and it's just a short leap from there to the grandgirls. You know how THAT works, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They say art is in the eye of the beholder. And I find the beer and cigar more artful than much of today's so called "modern" art.

    Enjoy, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BR: We're on egg-zactly the same page when it comes to modern art. I'm a traditionalist, so the cigar band looks pretty arty to me. We shall raise out third beer in you honor, Kind Sir!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, Buck, I did mean "now."

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.