Friday, March 18, 2011

True



There are other and similar 'toons at the usual source.  Apropos of the situation in Japan... The Second Mrs. Pennington sends this along:
Last night Junko said that in Tokyo they are having rolling blackouts, gas rationing, and food is being bought up to the point there are no eggs. 
There are things one doesn't hear on the news, aren't there?  I haven't turned my teevee on as of yet this morning so I'm unaware of overnight developments at the Fukushima nuclear plant.  One continues to pray and send our best thoughts to Japan.

8 comments:

  1. Just gonna have to come out and admit it: I don't understand what this cartoon is trying to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord help those guys working at the Power Plant. I mean that is a suicide mission for them! I hope they get this under control soon before the radiation spreads too much further.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andy: Earthquake = heartbreak. Sympathy, in other words.

    Dale: You got that right about the guys fighting the Good Fight at Fukushima. There's a cartoon to that effect at the link I posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a feeling things (like blackouts & food rationing) are gonn'a get worse before they get better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And the idiot backs away. Thanks for the clear-up, Buck. I did a classic over-analysis of the thing, and decided I couldn't tell what the hell he was trying to say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, in your defense the artist could have been clearer... it doesn't take much effort to draw a broken heart.

    Small-Tee: You might be right. In fact you prolly ARE correct.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was with Andy on this, but once you explained, I got it. I've always thought of Japan as super organized and technological, etc. It is hard to imagine them standing in line for water. But they seem to be a people of great strength - maybe resiliency is the word.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think resilient is the word, Lou. They brought their country back from total devastation following WWII; I'm sure they'll do the same thing again. But it's gonna be a long and hard road.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.