Friday, March 18, 2011

Want

There was a time when my greatest want, Firepower Division, was an M1911.  But all that's gone by the boards... what I REALLY want is this:


There are just SO many practical uses for an M-32 that I can't begin to describe them.  But use your imagination, Gentle Reader, and begin, say, on the freeway or mebbe any given Wal-Mart parking lot.  Or think as I do: an M-32 would be VERY useful in my prospective post-retirement career as a midnite fire-bomber, once I get around to pulling the trigger.  Heh.

Alas... I'm afraid the M-32 is only available to uniformed members of the armed services... and I don't think I qualify, even though I DO own a nearly new and barely-worn Class A uniform adorned with all the bells and whistles accorded to me by the United States Air Force during my semi-illustrious career.  I don't want to dabble in the black market due to the unsavory nature of vendors in that space (there are hardly ever any warranties and service after the sale? Fuhgeddaboudit!), not to mention the fact prices in said market are beyond the wherewithal of a humble retiree (like me!)... even a retiree with aspirations of a potentially lucrative midnite firebombing career.  The 1911, OTOH, is widely available.  And my birthday is coming up...

9 comments:

  1. Mr. Phelps, I've got a few candidates for you and your Midnite Firebombing crew should you care to accept the mission. And the M-32 does appear to be a most useful tool for effectively eliminating my chosen targets. This comment will self destruct in 30 seconds (as I understand yours have also been doing).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Oracle has a 1911 - Kimber. He loves that thing and I have to admit - it's powerful fun to shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have at least four weapons, haven't even fired them yet.

    But I'm sure an M32 would be useful for something. Maybe plinking.

    "Close" now applies to horshoes, hand grenades, nuclear weapons and M32's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't that what sons are for? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr. Phelps, I've got a few candidates for you and your Midnite Firebombing crew should you care to accept the mission.

    Heh. The line forms to your right.

    Kris: Powerful fun really describes a 1911!

    "Close" now applies to horshoes, hand grenades, nuclear weapons and M32's.

    Yup!!

    Moogie: GREAT point!! EXCELLENT point!! Best comment, evah. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, good choice on the M1911A1, it is a true "Knock down" weapon in .45 cal. Only problem is that it's just too big to carry concealed, but with it, you would be king of the hill.
    It would be a great birthday present!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What did you qualify with in the USAF? My old man said he did his quals with a Smith and Wesson Model 15 revolver in .38 Special. He finally bought one 20 years after he retired. That Colt is a pretty good choice for a man of wealth and taste.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ed: You're right about the 1911 as a concealed-carry weapon... but most .45s are hard to hide.

    Anon: I qualified with the M1 carbine and the .38 revolver. I never fired an M-16, strangely enough.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dad, I'm late to comment... as is often the case these days... but I've shot both the 1911 and the M-32. Both fun, no doubt, but I have to give the nod to the 1911. The number of rounds you can unload and the kick are very cool. The M-32 has more of an effect, but it doesn't feel that powerful as you pull the trigger.
    I think you know I have a .40 cal handgun, and would love to own a 1911 .45, but the cost of shooting one of those things is pretty high.

    And unfortunately, these days I'm far too practical to every seriously think about buying a .45.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.