Sunday, November 14, 2010

Miscellanea. Briefly.

First:  Notre Dame won yesterday and rather convincingly, too.  This tells me nothing more than Utah was waaaay overrated.  Oh.  And that Rees kid looked pretty promising in his debut.  It was good to have something to cheer, cheer about yesterday in what has been an otherwise dismal season.

While we're on about football... I was hoping JoePa's boys would pull it off in the Horseshoe yesterday.  Alas...

Second:  I finally got Firefox to install correctly after the third uninstall/reinstall drill.  PCs are mysterious damned things.

Third:  Found a cool new blog last evening:  The Vintagent.  Proprietor Paul d'Orléans, currently living in Paris, publishes some very well researched narrative about, and tasty photos of, vintage mo'sickles.  Paul bills his blog as "The World's #1 Vintage Motorcycle Site" and I think he may be right.  I've seen none better.

Finally... from My Buddy Ed In Florida:
David is to be returned to Italy.
A bit of cultural news for a welcome change. 
 

 
 
 
 
After a 2 year loan to the United States,



Michelangelo's David is being returned to Italy.

 
His Proud Sponsors were:
(McDonalds logo)  (Starbucks logo)  (Burger King logo)
OK, that's good P-Shop work and it's clever.  But WTF does Starbucks have to do with getting fat?  And don't give me that crap about about double-mocha-caramel-macchiatos having 10,000 calories.  No one drinks three or four of those a day.

9 comments:

  1. Heh. The sponsors didn't show, though -- they're empty boxes with the little red Xs in the corner. I got the general idea, though!

    I was SOOOOO proud of the Irish yesterday! Woo hoo! But, like you, I was let down by JoePa.

    You probably haven't been following this, so I'll fill you in -- the Hornets are 8 - 0! Best record in the whole league! So now I've probably jinxed them.

    The David is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen up close and personal. Truly remarkable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moogie: That concerns me you couldn't see the sponsors... McDonalds, Starbucks and Burger King... I tried to fix it but Blogger doesn't want to align the frickin' images. Sigh.

    Don't laugh, but I had to google "Hornets." It's obvious I'm not a roundball fan, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to ditch Firefox, and get you some Chromium... its awesome, fast as hell, and just a better piece of software, all around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried Chrome v1.0 in the way-back, Dan. I wasn't all that impressed. But mebbe subsequent releases have improved a bit?

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you can't get fat in Italy you ain't getting fat anywhere. I imagine most folks would pack on the pounds with the Pennington diet (no light beers here). It's a funny photoshop though. The complete opposite of a lean, mean, blogging machine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the good words, Anon. I AM flattered. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor David. I bet he missed his pasta dinners while eating all those burgers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Buck, I must say that I took great pleasure in the Irish win on Saturday. Seriously I did.

    As to David...well, you and I both live richeere in the good ol' US of A, and it ain't done ONE thing to fatten us up. Then again, we ain't one of "Them Joooz." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lou: Among other things!

    Andy: I've been tryin' to get fat my whole danged life, in many more ways than one. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.