Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Minus Three...

...for the Cannon AFB Class VI store.  I'm just back from a beer run out to the base, where I paid $14.00 even per bottle of New Belgium's Lips of Faith Dark Kriek.  I thought that was rather pricey but I went ahead and bought a couple o' bottles of the stuff anyway.  Coz I like it.  And it's only money.  And life's too short to drink bad beer.  (Did I miss anything here?)

So... we get back to El Casa Móvil De Pennington and just for grins and giggles... and to fuel my pique, as if it needed it... I went looking for an on-line source of Dark Kriek whereupon we found this:


Note the highlighted bits.  So, OK.  Cannon gets a pass, sorta.  They split the difference on price and I suppose that's not TOO bad.  I'm wonderin' why I didn't notice this the last time I bought it, tho.  Sometimes I pays attention and sometimes I don't.  

Also note we're kinda-sorta comparing apples and oranges cherries here.  The prices I found aren't for DARK Kriek; they're for the latest Kriek iteration from NB.  Close enough for this ex-gub'mint worker.

9 comments:

  1. You seem to drink a lot of beer.

    Not that there's anything wrong with that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a lot... two or three a day... just often. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buck, this is weird. I started to comment on this deal...about "Sometimes I pays attention and sometimes I don't."

    But about halfway through my brilliant comment, my 'puter went all wacky, and started shutting down on it's own. Then it quit for a minute, and came back up with UT Longhorns wallpaper on the monitor.

    If I'm lyin', I'm dyin'. And, I did not even get any of that good dark Kreik brew to offer any reasonable explanation.

    Weird, for sure.

    So, what I was saying about "Sometimes I pays attention and sometimes I don't."...

    Crud, I can't remember now. Sorry for the bother.

    Well...it shut me down again! But somehow that stellar comment got saved when Firefox restarted.

    I think something's wrong with my machine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn, that's a lot of money, even for good beer. Seems I could get a whole 12 pack o' Fat Tire for the same.

    But, it's your coin, you palate, and heck, you're retired. So, drink up and enjoy, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just hit the daily double with "Life's too short to drink bad beer"...i completely agree. Since i've been so delinquent in the blogosphere, i've no idea if you've evaluated it but...Sam Adams Octoberfest...mmm mmm good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like wine, I'm not a big beer drinker either, but I know what I like and don't like. I also know that I'm a cheap date.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Then it quit for a minute, and came back up with UT Longhorns wallpaper on the monitor.

    It wasn't ME! I'm totally ambivalent about UT. Totally weird, that.

    BR: I almost didn't buy the beer. I had the girl go do a price check and she came back and said "Yep... 14 bucks per. Still want it?" I nearly said "no."

    Jay: I very nearly picked up a sixer of SA's Octoberfest yesterday. There was a LOT of it at the Class VI.

    Lou: Heh. I'm a cheap date, too. Two beers and I'm done these days... three and I'm toast. Unless I'm really motivated or drinking AFTER dinner instead of BEFORE.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Egad! If a longhorn shows up on my screen, I may have to locate some dynamite.

    That beer sounds like something I could like! Of course, I'm not a cheap date!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Moogie: You'd have to order the beer on the 'net. All the iterations of New Belgium's Lips of Faith are VERY limited-distribution beers... typically only to CO, CA, WA, and OR. I remain surprised our Class VI has it... as NM was NOT part of the normal distribution scheme.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.