Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Broadening Our Horizons XX

We've called Happy Hour early this afternoon.  And we're broadening our horizons once again, this time with Hoptober, a Fall seasonal beer from New Belgium:

The usual, customary, and reasonable tableau

A close up of the label.  Pretty pagan, ain't it?

Our cigar this afternoon is an Acid Opulence Three, which is a fine stick with which we have a bit of experience.  Suffice to say we're feeling good enough to indulge and that's about as good as it gets, Gentle Reader.

Our soundtrack this afternoon... Little Feat:


Ah.  I've been a few places like that.  smiley icons

And now... back outside yadda, yadda, yadda.

8 comments:

  1. Got me a case of Stella Artois at the Stater Brothers Supermarket in Mojave. I do like it. Not up there with say Saint Pauli Girl as a lager but quite good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the artwork in advertising sometimes especially on bottles, it's usually beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like it. Not up there with say Saint Pauli Girl as a lager but quite good.

    Stella was my beer o' choice when all else failed when I was in Europe. It's a pretty good lager but I prefer ales, as you well know.

    Alison: New Belgium has some great art work on their bottles, or at least they used to until they went with the blandest, most generic sort of label imaginable on their core products. That move STILL makes we wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I picked Toby up some IPA Dogfish-something or other beer while in WF. I love reading the lables and the names and the art work - like a kid in a candy store - I want to try 'em all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mimimalist can work but Id have to see it to see what you mean..

    BTW Im back up and blogging. Not as much as previously I suspect but just wanted to give you a heads up.

    Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moogie: Except for the unicycle... ;-)

    Lou: Both the 90- and 60- minute Dogfish IPAs are VERY favorably reviewed at Beer Advocate. I've never tried any, but they MIGHT stock it out at Cannon. I'll look the next time I'm out there. And ya know what they say... "So many beers, so little time." ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alison: Do a google image search on "Mothership Wit." You'll see the old and new labels side by side.

    And thanks for heads-up! I was by your place last week and saw you hadn't posted since May...

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.