Sunday, May 16, 2010

Watching the Sharks - Hawks

The 'puter is restored and we're running a backup as we speak, while watching the first game of the Western Conference Finals.  The restoration took a lil longer than we thought it would, about six hours, all told.  This included installing six or eight applications from disk, two apps from the 'net, and sixty-freakin'-five (65!) Windows updates... along with multiple re-starts.  The Gateway factory OS image isn't very damned current, to say the VERY least.  Is there any doubt in your mind as to why I delayed this task as long as I did?

Here's my new desktop...


It's an old photo of my favorite ride (an RD350LC) taken on a sad, sad day... the day I sold her (which would be sometime in June 1983). 

And now it's hockey.  We have about five minutes left in the third period and the game is tied, 1-1.  I predicted the Sharks in six but I'm beginning to wonder.  I wasn't sold on Antti Niemi's qualities as a goaltender up until today, and that's why I chose the Sharks in this series.  But Niemi has made some spectacular saves today and is keeping the Hawks in the game.  Good stuff, this.  Well, dang!  Chicago scores just as I was typing this and they're up, 2-1.  I fear for my prognostication.

Update 1547 hrs: Chicago wins, 2-1.  Oh well... it's one of seven.

9 comments:

  1. I saw a bit of the game on a TV in a bar on the Riverwalk.

    That photo makes you look heavier than I've ever seen you, although that ain't so heavy. It is a great pic.

    verification word: wingues

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang Buck...6-0 Flyers! But it's just one of seven.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Ride...My last Yamaha was a 1986 650...fastest bike I ever owned, ran like a raped ape. Topped out at 150 on a straight away(might have been faster, but that's all the guts I could muster).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool photo. You look a mite bit devilish there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet ride! Love the hairdo -- quite dapper!


    Computers drive me absolutely nuts -- they're all in a massive plot against us, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, were you old enough to have a license then? ;)



    HEY -- my word is TOMATUB -- that's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lou: I was quite a bit heavier then. I was also well taken care of, in each and every regard. Which tends to put weight on males of the species.

    Pat: Let me remind you about counting chickens. I'm thinkin' you might have had a very optimistic speedo on that 650. I've ridden a number of Yamaha 650s back in the day and the most I could get out of 'em was mebbe 125. Maybe.

    Phlegmmy: I WAS a mite devilish then. Not so much, these days. ;-)

    Moogie: Thank ya, Ma'am.

    Kath: Funny you should mention that. My nickname (in certain circles) at the time was "Buck, the teenage master sergeant." I was 38 years old. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. About my Hawks! Gloat....gloat....gloat. . Sharks had their chances--especially at the end with the open goal! As commentators on ESPN said, their conservative play on the road seems to pay dividends. And they also made a good point about all the good Finish goalies now in the league...I hadn't realized.. Looks like gonna be a tough series either way if 1st game any indication..

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.