Friday, February 19, 2010

Same As It Ever Was, Same As It Ever Was

Which would be part of today's Happy Hour soundtrack:




You may find yourself living in a shotgun shack
You may find yourself in another part of the world
You may find yourself behind the wheel of a large automobile
You may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful wife
You may ask yourself: well... how did I get here?

Letting the days go by/let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by/water flowing underground
Into the blue again/after the money's gone
Once in a lifetime/water flowing underground

You may ask yourself
How do I work this?
You may ask yourself
Where is that large automobile?
You may tell yourself
This is not my beautiful house!
You may tell yourself
This is not my beautiful wife!

Letting the days go by/let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by/water flowing underground
Into the blue again/after the money's gone
Once in a lifetime/water flowing underground

Same as it ever was... Same as it ever was...
Same as it ever was... Same as it ever was...
Same as it ever was... Same as it ever was...
Same as it ever was... Same as it ever was...
Heh.  We're just tryin' to be cute.  It ain't as bad as all that.  It might be worse.  (insert big-ass grin here)

10 comments:

  1. Pretty Cool!
    I went back to a Blogger template. I think it might have been the one from Pyzam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pic #3 is way cool...

    Pic #4 is way cold...

    Nah, Buck...not being cute. But I think I understand the "big-ass" grin. And, I am "reatarded"...so everybody else should, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Glenn.

    Andy: #3 was taken shortly after SN3's first birthday; TSMP worked pretty hard at getting back in shape (she was successful, too). And I'm glad ya got the grin bits. It is what it is, but sometimes the past intrudes upon our thoughts. Music does that, dammit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Music - the great reminder. And as painful as it can be glorious - I love it on both ends of the spectrum.

    I'm in one of "those places" these days as well Buck, if it's any comfort.

    Oh yeah and love the Talking Heads. Quirky and brilliant. Burning Down the House is a fave.

    ReplyDelete
  5. (Shaking shoulders in a big ass suite).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kris: Yeah, music cuts both ways. It kinda sucks to have music from a third of your life evoke painful stuff. But there's a lot of good, as well. Ya just gotta work at concentrating on that part.

    Small Tee: LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is a lot ot that song, if one truly stops to listen.

    We don't control every aspect of our lives, but we do ourselves a disservice if we don't make the best of what we have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Buck, every-time I view your snow-covered abode, I think "snug as a bug in a rug!" LOL, no cabin fever with the intertubes and Sat. TV!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did happy hour.

    I watched CURLING.

    ReplyDelete
  10. BR: I've always made the best of what I have on hand (no pun).

    VX: We are quite snug and comfy in our lil home on wheels!

    William: I've tried to watch the curling but it ain't my cuppa. Taste, and all that.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.