Thursday, May 07, 2009

Happy Odd Day!

Today is Odd Day... and I quote:
Odd Day is coming Thursday, 5/7/9. Three consecutive odd numbers make up the date only six times in a century. This day marks the half-way point in this parade of Odd Days which began with 1/3/5. The previous stretch of six dates like this started with 1/3/1905---13 months after the Wright Brothers' flight.
Well... it ain't coming... it's here! Ya know what else is odd? Wikipedia doesn't have an entry for Odd Day. Finally. This is the first time I've failed to find something I was looking for at The Wiki. They ARE fallible in the "comprehensive" sense. Let us not talk about factual... but I'm picking nits here. Politics aside, I give The Wiki at least an 8.5 on a scale of 10 when it comes to accuracy.

(h/t: Andy Levy, via Twitter)

9 comments:

  1. Lou: I think it's pretty cool, actually!

    Michelle: I had the same sort of thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spreadin' your word on this one - I think it's pretty cool, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never realized this! Well, see you again on July 9, 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The things you learn!

    Of course, this tidbit of information has probably displaced some piece of information I really need to know, like how to drive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andy: Thanks for the link!

    Chris: Well, hopefully I'll see ya before that date.

    Buckskins: I hear ya about hard-drive, aka brain, space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I can top this one...;)
    My birthday is on March 3, 1970. So on 03/03/03 I turned thirty-three!
    (the third day of the third month of the third year of the third millennium...)

    Cool, huh? No, I didn't go out and play mega-bucks or head to California to buy a lotto ticket that day, either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christina: Top it you DID! Threes wild!

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.