Tuesday, January 13, 2009

They're Coming to Take Me Away...

An outlander could be forgiven for thinking this is some sort of alien invasion; we're only 93 miles from Roswell, after all. And: "whatever made us think they'd come in spaceships?" From my kitchen window, mere minutes ago:


This year's tumbleweed crop is impressive... and I've never seen anything like this in the six years I've been docked in Beautiful La Hacienda Trailer Park. The grounds are overrun with these damned things. And yeah, I could take better shots if I were outside... but I just got up and haven't gotten dressed yet. Besides that, it's cold outside and I've just poured my first cup.

Priorities, Gentle Reader. Priorities.

(ed: I added the alien stuff after I first posted. I wasn't completely awake yet.)

7 comments:

  1. Coming from the barren Northeast (barren of tumbleweeds, that is) I've always found them fascinating. The only place I've ever seen them is in Roadrunner/Wile E. Coyote cartoons, or maybe a Three Stooges short.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I've said Buck, those damn tumblethingys always bring back memories of Dodge City....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just like any crop, there are good years and bad years - this was a good year for tumbleweed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still trying to figure out a way I can make money of our crops of tumbleweeds. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jim: They ARE fascinating, up to a point. That point being when they overrun EVERY danged thing!

    Pat: Yep... the dusty, deserted Western town's street with a tumbleweed blowing down the middle of it is an iconic image.

    Lou: True, dat!

    Jenny: Let me know when you figure it out, OK? I have lotsa free time to assist in this space. Especially if there's MONEY involved! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is an impressive crop indeed!
    The year I lived in Pahrump, NV, though musta been the best season for tumbleweeds EVAR...they were everywhere and were a huge pain to clean up, literally.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...they were everywhere and were a huge pain to clean up, literally.

    I hear THAT. I'm wondering how The Management here at Beautiful La Hacienda Trailer Park is gonna deal with these. And when...

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.