Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Lightening Up a Bit

Apropos of something… something good. A few of you are aware that Gentle Reader Bec’s husband is an artist… but I’m betting more than a few of you aren’t as well dialed-in. Well, Bec and I exchanged a couple of notes off-line yesterday, and in so doing she pointed out that husband Doug’s web site is progressing nicely. Which: is an understatement of incredible proportions. So… I’m encouraging all y’all to take a break from your busy days and go have a look at some impressive works of art. Easy on the eyes, and good for the soul. And much better than politics.

―:☺:―

Keeping it light… There are Red Wings fans… and then there are Red Wings FANS. Case in point to the left, and click for larger if you’ve a mind to.

Dang, Buddy. Lemmee know if you find one… coz I think it would look good on the kitchen counter here at El Casa Móvil De Pennington. I’m not much on Wings paraphernalia, actually. The interior of the house isn’t painted up in red and white. There are no photos of my heroes to be found, anywhere. No banners. Not much of anything, actually. The only observable hint of my affection for the Men of The Winged Wheel is a large “1998 Stanley Cup Champions” coffee mug that sits on the kitchen counter right by the door and serves as a repository for loose change and my car keys. That’s it. Don’t go looking in my closets, though. T’is a different story, that.

Until that coffee pot comes along, that is.

5 comments:

  1. 1) That fellow is one hell of an artist.

    2) If you find the coffee pot, tell me where. Maybe they'll have a Celtics one hanging around, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some fantastic paintings. Thanks for the link.

    I'm sure there's a Red Wings coffee pot somewhere out there. Lord knows, they have everything else. I'm thinking about getting some Dallas Cowboy thongs, myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you find the coffee pot, tell me where. Maybe they'll have a Celtics one hanging around, too.

    Noted, Jim. You'll be the FIRST to know. ;-)

    Becky: Dallas Cowboy thongs? Who'd a thunk it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The artist link was great.

    Your coffee pot is red isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lou sez: Your coffee pot is red isn't it?

    Yep, and that's why our googler clicked thru. I followed the search link, and my image was five pages deep into the results. But the pot is red.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.