Thursday, May 15, 2008

Lex



Today is Lex’s last day on active duty, and he’s probably at the bar as I type this post. I’ve had the pleasure…and that’s not a figure of speech… of reading him for three or four years now. Lex was the very first milblogger I ever read and remains the “best of breed” to this very day. If you don’t believe me…go read this post. And make sure you chase each and every link therein. You’ll get a thumbnail sketch of what makes the man such an enjoyable, compelling, and informative read… day in and day out. And reading that post might inspire you to read more, if’n you’re not in the habit already.

Fair winds and following seas, Cap’n.

6 comments:

  1. Yeah, me too: Highly recommend Captain Lefon, especially the "Rhythms" series which I hope will be a published book someday.

    Captain: If you ever google yourself someday and read this, thanks for all you've done in service, especially the Cold War.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Buck. You too, Reese.

    It's been a long, strange trip, but a gratifying one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. "If you ever" is sixteen minutes. Tip of a Sapporo (How you say "for strength" in Japanese?) to both you Lifers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Serendipity strikes, eh Bob? Thanks for the toast, too!

    And... I tipped a couple for ya yesterday afternoon, Lex.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lex is the best, by far. Got to him thru another millblogger that has long since gone off the air. Lex remains - and has brought me to folks like Buck.

    For which I am grateful - in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kris sez: Lex remains - and has brought me to folks like Buck.

    For which I am grateful - in so many ways.


    Me, too...on the "grateful" bits! It'll be interesting to see how much... if at all... Lex's tone changes now that he's no longer constrained in his opinions by being on active duty. Not much, I'm betting.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.