Saturday, December 02, 2006

Trivia

An answer to a question we’ve all thought about at one time or another, I’m sure:

Dear Yahoo!: What's the deal with kids wearing their pants below their butts?
Kristin
Arcadia, California

The answer? Prison chic. My God. Personally, I think kids wear their pants in that manner simply to get a rise out of us Ol’ Geezers. That, and as a means of indicating they’re “with it,” or whatever term is au courant. Is there a person amongst us who’s never had the urge to walk up to one of these losers and say “Turn your frickin’ hat around, pull your frickin’ pants up, and get a frickin’ JOB!”? Or, as my Ol’ Man used to say: “It’s hard to be cool and smart at the same time…” I won't give you the context in which he used to say that. Let's leave well-enough alone.

3 comments:

  1. What's up with having to ask Yahoo that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dunno! Maybe Kristin is one of those folks without an immediate grasp of the obvious...

    The prison theory is interesting, tho. I wonder if your average low-pants wearing dim bulb is aware of that. Probably.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think so. Today when I went to work, there was a man there wearing an orange coat with GRENADA COUNTY INMATE stenciled on the back. I don't know why being associated with crime/evil is considered cool, but it seems to be these days.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.