Friday, December 05, 2014

Right Up My Alley

I found this somewhat enlightening article while surfin' around the inter-tubes this morning.  A couple o' screen caps from the piece:



I don't have anything against polytheism so mebbe I'll build me a small altar in honor of Tenenit.  The old gods and goddesses are sometimes the best o' the breed, doncha know.  I smirked when I read the second screen cap, given the fact one of my used-t'-be favorite wimmen was quite the beer drinker in her youth.  The woman's morphed into a wino now that she's well and truly over 50 and I don't view that as a good thing.  And, yeah, beer is MY favorite alcoholic beverage, by far.

6 comments:

  1. And there is so much variety!

    We live in beer-rich times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Beer rich" is quite the understatement.

      Delete
  2. I'm definitely more of a wine-bibber than I used to was; these days, I'm a fan of the hard ciders (the ones imported from the UK, mostly; the domestic ciders are sweeter than I prefer). A few years back, I discovered a couple locally craft-brewed pale ales, and I really like those, too (Not the IPAs; they're a little TOO bitter for my taste).

    But then, Jenn discovered the gin-n-tonics a few years back, and. . . let's just say, the effects have been very pleasant. . . ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like IPAs either, but, like you, a nice brown ale or sumthin' similar really floats my boat. Or a G&T. ;-)

      Delete
  3. I don't indulge anywhere near as often as I did in my youth (that is, nightly) but when I do now, I find that brew leaves me bloated and feeling heavy. One for taste is swell, but for intoxication purposes I've moved on to scotch. Less filling and tastes great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loves me a good single malt or two in the evenings, as well. But I gotta have my beer!

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.