Thursday, November 13, 2014

In Which We Become a Shill For Our Browser

I upgraded to Firefox 33.1 this morning... or rather FF upgraded me, auto-majickly.  Part and parcel of the upgrade was this short lil vid for my viewing pleasure, which is now yours*:



There's a LOT to like about Firefox from a technical and user-friendly perspective, in addition to that "independence" thingie.  I really don't understand why people still use Internet Exploder or the like.

* We couldn't have a weather report as our only post today.

7 comments:

  1. Start a fire, eat the Infidels13 November, 2014 13:09

    Argh, fire, big spear, me go look for a Muslim infidel to eat...

    P.S. the Internet belongs to whoever owns the routers. Oh yea, they also own the U.S. Congress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the Chinese are doing a pretty good job of owning the internet right now. They're stealing us blind and there doesn't seem to be a lot we're doing about it. I also think it's ironic that the inter-tubes... a western invention... will be one of the primary contributors, if not THE contributor, to our downfall.

      Delete
  2. I use FF at home; work forces me to use IE and it just - sucks. Big ole buckets of suckage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been using Firefox for ...good question?
    A long time.
    The place where I do volunteer stuff is using Chrome (I'll refrain from commenting about that).
    IE would probably go the way of Netscape if it wasn't sold as part and parcel of Windows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh... and nice job of beating the East Coasters to the punch with snow pics.

      Delete
    2. I've tried Chrome and each new iteration of IE and I always come back to FF. It's just a superior product. As for the snow pics... well, Ma Nature had a LOT to do with that.

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.