Thursday, October 23, 2014

Not Much

As in "I don't have much today."  But there's this lil blurb I got from Amazon the other day...


That's a piece-part of the "new music" e-mail Amazon so thoughtfully (heh) sends along every so often.  The Annie Lennox album is the only one of the four I might consider adding to my collection; the others elicit a big-ass "meh!" response.  It's been a while since I've added new music to my collection, so we'll see.  There's not a whole helluva lot in the music world that excites me today.

In other news... remember that fog picture I posted this past Monday?  And the fact that I claimed to have seen only three or four foggy days during the entire 12 years I've lived here on The High Plains o' New Mexico?  Well, you can add another three days to that particular statement as it's been foggy every single morning this week.  I suppose the message here is "If you want something to happen, say it never will (or does)."

11 comments:

  1. I never win the lottery.

    In 3, 2, 1...

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you can hear well enough to still enjoy the music... sigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm blessed in that regard, Jim. A lot o' my contemporaries who spent time in the radar biz ain't as fortunate.

      Delete
  3. My iPod died the other day. It was like 13 years old and suddenly it just stopped. It has all the music of life on it. I'll have to put that computer hard drive into a nearby computer to download all the music to another iPod. There was no cloud back then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're successful in recovering the music, Curt. THAT would be a catastrophic loss in my world.

      Delete
  4. Foggy weather? - you should dial up a little Mel Torme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I once dated a girl who had a car, and I still just had a Honda 90. She was very attractive and warm. Then she opened her glove box and there was nothing but Neil Diamond tapes (8-track). I'm sorry, she could have been the mother of my children had it not been for that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a gentleman, a scholar, and a man of GREAT taste.

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.