Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Today's Happy Hour Soundtrack

More from Becker & Fagen...


Children we have it right here
It's the light in my eyes
It's perfection and grace
It's the smile on my face
Tonight when I chase the dragon,
The water may change to cherry wine
And the silver will turn to gold
Time out of mind
Ah, chasing the dragon.  The first entry at the link refers to "hard" drugs like smack or crack cocaine but there are other, more user-friendly dragons, chief among them fine single malts.  Interestingly enough, most of my friends back in the day (that day bein' 1980, when "Gaucho" was released) had never heard the term before and were incredulous when I (a) mentioned the source of the phrase and (b) what it actually meant.  "No!" they all cried, but they soon learned to believe me when I dropped these bits of esoterica on them.  That's me: a mind stuffed FULL o' useless information.

We just might do a bit o' dragon-chasing after tonight's installment of "The Roosevelts" is done, and perhaps even during our teevee time.  Apropos o' not much, have you been watching?  I'm still impressed, very impressed.  It remains to be seen if those feelings will hold when the film begins to concentrate on FDR, who's something of a bĂȘte noire to those of us with conservative or small-L libertarian leanings.  We shall see.

2 comments:

  1. Yup, still enjoying The Roosevelts.

    I haven't come to a conclusion yet, regarding the Roosevelt's altruism.
    But I'm fairly certain I will have an opinion by the end of the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last night's episode just flew right by... I can't believe two hours went by so quickly.

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.