Monday, October 21, 2013

Today's Happy Hour Soundtrack, Wherein We Let It Loose

We have three of our favorite Stones albums queued up in the CD player... Exile, Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out (THE best live album, evah), and Sticky Fingers (which includes "Moonlight Mile," my ALL-TIME favorite Stones tune)... for today's Happy Hour, which we are taking on the verandah with all the windows wide-open and stereo blasting, for it IS a brilliant sorta day day here on The High Plains o' New Mexico.  We just now popped in for a refill after hearing this track:


Who's that woman on your arm?
All dressed up to do you harm
And I'm hip to what she'll do
Give her just about a month or two
Bit off more than I can chew
And I knew, yeah, I knew what it was leading to
Some things, well, I can't refuse
One of them, one of them the bedroom blues
She delivered right on time, I can't resist a corny line
But take the shine right off your shoes
Yeah, right off your shoes
Carryin', carryin' the bedroom blues
That's my very favorite song off this album and one that's served me well over these many years and through many a woman, too.  Looking back it seems like every single one of those wimmen were "all dressed up to do me harm," without fail.  But, Hey!  I was always about "beat me, hurt me, make me write bad checks" where wimmen were concerned.  That said, I never wrote that many bad checks in the literal, monetary sense (one? two?)... but I wrote MANY more than a few in the metaphorical sense ("Do you love me?"  "Oh, yeah, Baby... yes I DO!").  That said (yet again), I sure as Hell got beat up and I'm (mostly) thankful for the experience(s).  I think that says sumthin' good about me, but I'm not exactly sure what.

Well, OK then.  Beer me and let us continue as we've begun.  We have quite a few more memories to work out before we're done today.

8 comments:

  1. HURT me, baby! Hurt me BAD!! :)

    (PS: I'm probably one of the few people still alive that has both the Sticky Fingers album cover and a PRISTINE carefully steamed-off Beatles "Butcher meat" album cover of "Yesterday & Today" (1966) ....plus have the steamer trunk photo they pasted over it--I bought two albums for posterity just for the covers--LOL.we knew a collectable when we saw one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have the original "Sticky Fingers" cover with the zipper, but not the "Butcher Block" cover. Just outta curiosity I wondered what the zipper cover's goin' for on eBay and see there's a WIDE range o' pricing.

      Delete
  2. My only other thought about lyrics is that probably every married man alive can relate to BUSH's" lyric'/lament: "...there's no sex in your violence..." on the song "Everything Zen."LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of grade-A meat in those album cuts from The Stones. One thing those boys surely knew how to do was inject some emotion into the proceedings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a vein in country music about hurtful and mean women. A big vein. Good stuff from the Stones, Buck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A big vein.

      I know... and it's one of the things I like about country music. I relate. ;-)

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.