Friday, July 26, 2013

Heh



I prefer the former state to the latter state, except for the fact I DON'T feel like crap.  I feel perfectly fine.  Well, sorta.

There's this about that... we were awakened at oh-dark-thirty this morning, twice.  Once by a message from SN1 at 0452 hrs (precisely, coz the mePhone would NOT let me ignore it, what with beeping until I accessed said message) and again at 0835 hrs by a call from a nice person at Roosevelt General to update me on my request for full-time oxygen, which has fallen victim to the MediScare bureaucracy.  I may have to go back to the clinic for another series of tests to verify I cannot breathe properly in order to satisfy the Death Panels.  Or they may just let me slowly expire... one never knows.

So, we gave up trying to sleep after the call from RGH, rolled our ol' ass outta bed, tossed down a couple o' cups, showered, and journeyed out to Cannon Airplane Patch to run a few errands.  In the course o' doin' so I was politely (yes, politely) requested by the Airman on the gate to "slow it down a little when approaching the gate."  Which kinda shocked me, given as how one has to slalom through a series of concrete barriers in order to actually GET to the gate.  I've always looked at those barriers as a sort of challenge... kinda like a gymkhana... the object bein' to get through them as quickly as possible without pranging the sheet metal.  It turns out the skycops take a rather dim view of my exhibition of driving skill in this space.  So we smiled, said "Yessir, yessir, three bags full, sir" and were on our merry way.

It's always sumthin'.

7 comments:

  1. Heh indeed.

    My Daddy is going through that same nonsense about his oxygen. His lubg doc ad nurse think it's ridiculous, but they know how to get around it.

    Daddy gets his full-time oxygen in a few days. Hope your assles are brief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Moogie. I hope the hassles are brief, as well.

      Delete
  2. Re: "my exhibition of driving skill"

    Heh, heh. Buck Pennington, Starship Captain...

    Hhhmm, gives me an idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lasts week Toby got a speeding ticket in a little Okie town - definitely a speed trap. The thang was Toby was not purposefully speeding, he was just driving along very peacefully. Unfortunately he was speeding.

      Delete
    2. @ Lou: Doncha HATE it when that happens?

      @ Chris: Uh-oh.

      Delete
  3. We had duty trucks and duty vans slalom into the chicanes at the base in Bahrain. I can't recall how many rear quarter panels were smooshed by duty drivers sneaking out of the duty section to get a pizza.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The placement of those barriers at Cannon definitely requires one to pay attention, and closely.

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.