Monday, June 17, 2013

Interesting

The Tart gets monthly diagnostic reports from OnStar and I really like that feature.  But I kinda wonder about some things.  Here's an excerpt from last month's report:



And here's an excerpt from this month's report:


What happened to that 33% oil life?  I only put another 200 miles on the car in the last month, so one would THINK The Tart is still good to go, no?  But mebbe she just needs annual check-ups, like the rest of us.  In any event, I guess I'll take her in.  Sometime.

3 comments:

  1. It is probably a time issue, as oil changes are both measured in miles driven and time between changes. You probably had 33% left on the miles to drive but then ticked over to the time's up mode.

    My car gives me both time remaining and miles remaining, but I have to look, it isn't automatic through an OnStar feature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I agree with ya about the time thing.

      Delete
  2. That's what you get for having such a smart car.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.