Wednesday, March 20, 2013

We Are the Happiest o' Happy Campers

Why is that, you ask, Gentle Reader?  Coz we've recently returned from Dr. Thompson's office (my dentist) and we can now do this:


That would be clench a cigar between our teeth, something we have NOT done since early September last.  Oh yeah!  And now we can eat sammidges, and tacos, and pizza, and apples, and... well, you get my drift, I'm sure.  We've only had three teeth in the lower part of our mouth for the last six and a half months or so.  And how bad was that?  Well, it looked kinda like this:


That's a prosthesis I was given at the outset of our latest Adventures In Modern Dentistry and the white teeth with the red dots... the teeth not embedded in ersatz gums... were the ONLY teeth in the lower half o' my mouth for the last few months.   As for the prosthesis, it was useful only as a paperweight.  A bizarre paperweight, to be sure, but seein' as how I couldn't eat with the damned thing... well, paperweight.  I never once put that thing in my mouth.

But we're all better now and we're definitely lookin' forward to a mess o' tacos for dinner.  Yum.  But first there's Happy Hour, which will be happy today indeed.

10 comments:

  1. Truly outstanding! I'm happy for you brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just in time for roasted corn-on-the-cob fresh off the grill to go with the steaks! It's grillin' season ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BUCK!

    Just stumbled across a guy on the net in a comments section who is a BIG music freak, roughly our age, and grew up in Portales! (born in ABQ) name of Keith M. Ellis. Check him out@ www.kmellis.com He's been on the net since 94!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty interesting, Virgil. Mr. Ellis is a lot more eclectic than I.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just in time for your big weekend in Alb! Eat up! Smoke up! And drink up, although you don't need teeth for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I intend to do all three, Lou... but not to excess.

      Delete
  6. That's three more than I had (have?).
    I lurve my implants, but they're still not quite like having your own chompers.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.