Sunday, May 13, 2012

Traditions

We have 'em.  And this, the fifth iteration of this post (in part, some stuff has been omitted), is one of 'em.

Happy Mother's Day!


Ah…dog poop. Probably one of the (very) minor reasons my second marriage failed…coz The Second Mrs. Pennington was largely in charge of the particularly odious chore— following behind three dogs, including two pretty good-sized ones— let’s say about 90% of it. And she never hesitated to point out that fact to me.
[...]
But, seriously. Happy Mother’s Day to all my favorite Moms, and even to those who aren’t my favorites. I’ll remain cryptic on that last.
Call yer Mom!  Or better yet, give her a big hug and a kiss if you still can.  There comes a time in life when she won't be around, ya know.

13 comments:

  1. People don't remember the basis of the ritual, but Halloween is the day you bribe children with candy, so that they will pray for your relatives to be released from Pergatory.

    Anyway, I give lots of candy on Halloween, because both of my parents are in Pergatory for sure. Mother having tackled the Priest and beating the shit out of him, and my father for watching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have THE most interesting stories, CM. Where ya been, btw?

      Delete
  2. Still got my Mom with me, Buck. But, probably not for too many more trips around the Sun.

    Sure not looking forward to the day I say "goodbye" for the last time.

    Still love that card...and I know it's a huge traffic builder. (I've been hangin' around here a while). It always puts me in mind of Kenny Chesney's "You Had Me From Hello!" His marriage to that flat chested Zellwegger chick lasted about as long as the play time on the song. Still, and even...flat chested chicks should not be trusted. Period.

    Honestly, I didn't chase the link "Happy Mother's Day." I think I know what's there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very fortunate to still have yer Mom with ya, Andy. VERY. You know I lost mine at 18 and I lost a lot by having her go so damned early. To this day I still miss the girl from time to time.

      LOL about that Zelwegger chick! I agree with the concept.

      Delete
    2. Knew you would totally agree with the Zelwegger deal. And, I know you do miss your Mom.

      Knowing about her, and how it went down...hell, I think I miss her...

      Delete
  3. Okay...I went back and chased the link. It was not what I was expecting.

    I guess I know too much of the other stuff, and figured it was that (other stuff).

    You're a damned good blogger, Buck...not too much, but just enough...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got to go to Home Depot for Mothers Day. Twice.

    It's a thrill a minute around here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moogie...there ya' go, BRAGGING AGAIN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh. Yeah, Moogie... que es la problema?

      Delete
  6. I feel like the only person in the blogosphere that did not post about their mom. But I did go see mine yesterday.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.