Saturday, April 14, 2012

My EYES! (In Two Parts)

My eyes!... Part I, as in dust, if I were to go outside.  Note the wind speed and gusts.  We haven't posted a lot about the WX of late and that's because we've had a run of exceptionally great weather for this time o' year... until today.  You can see it's warm outside, but the wind she's a howling.  That WILL keep me indoors, unfortunately.

My eyes!... Part II, as in Aiiieee!


Thank The Deity At Hand those folks are fully clothed.  I thought long and hard (heh) about posting this (TMI, anyone?) but then I figgered What the Hell... why not?  This CAN be construed as a public service, if nothing else. 

The thang that intrigues me is the quoted increase in STDs among my cohort.  I've read similar stuff elsewhere (and oh-so-briefly considered moving to The Villages as a result, if only for the opportunities what's in it) but I haven't encountered any hard numbers.  Still and even a 71% increase is a LOT... unless you're talking about a baseline that begins at ten cases and increases to 17.

10 comments:

  1. As Dave Barry would say:
    "A Florida Drivers License is on the way."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He says that about old folks and STDs?

      Delete
    2. He says that about anything that happens in Florida

      Delete
  2. Part I. My eyes hurt too, although it's not the weather, which is gorgeous here. I've been stuck inside doing my taxes. MY EYES HURT!

    Part II. Hey, that looks like some of the positions from that rare old book, the Limpa Seniorsutra. Sorry... Seriously, just looking at some of those makes my slowly healing back start to ache all over again. But like my old uncle Patel used to say, "No pain, no gain."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aiiieee... taxes. I mailed mine last week and I'm still sorta pissed.

      Yeah, I wondered about some of those positions myself. There was at least one I've never tried... and have no real desire to attempt it now. I'm glad you're on the mend!

      Delete
  3. @Dan...nyuk!

    Buck, I didn't get around here until Sunday morning. Wow, am I EVER glad I did!!! That PSA is one of the oddest I've seen. Don't get me wrong...I enjoyed the heck out of it...it's just REAL odd.

    Old folks with the clap. Whodathunkit?

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Better to have loved, and failed the Wassermann test; Than never to have loved at all..."

    Remembered from a small card on the wall at the Nas Pensacola Sick Call waiting room, 1982.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the second time you've mentioned this, Darryl. Old Age is creepin' in...

      Delete
  5. I didn't watch the video - didn't want to hurt my eyes or have that seared on my brain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The vid actually is kinda amusing, Lou... if only to imagine what would happen if they REALLY tried those positions.

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.