Sunday, July 31, 2011

Today's Happy Hour Soundtrack

Some o' that Sensitive Seventies Stuff...

But I let her do some of my laundry
And she slipped a few meals in between
And the next thing I remember, she was all moved in
And I was buying her a washing machine
Heh.  One wonders how many relationships began JUST like this...  We won't tell any stories outta school, except to say the tune resonates with me on a number o' levels.

We are older now and somewhat wiser.  I ended my last relationship when the late night conversation came to a screeching halt one evening when LadyFriend dropped this conversational bomb:  "Where is this relationship going?"  The air was thick with stony silence forthwith.  One should NEVER ask a question if one can't stand the answer...

That said... the answer became immediately apparent the following morning when I packed up all my stuff and moved back into ECMdP.   Why IS it that women can't leave well enough alone?

7 comments:

  1. ship of relations31 July, 2011 16:41

    I never use the word "relationship."

    Not only that, I hate women who do. That's the dumbest word in the whole dictionary.

    A relationship is when a brother has sex with his sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, ya gotta admit "relationship" sounds better than "fuck buddies." In mixed company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh God, I get the "FB" emails in my spam folder all the time. You have to know some Russian Mafia type came up with that spam...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ""Where is this relationship going?"

    That's a fair question. I have a feeling the context or timing may not have been optimal for that particular query, but when two people are having a good moment, I think that question is a good one to plot direction. If I was being yelled at and that little Q-bomb gets dropped, well, I'm outta here too. No one likes to be pinned into a corner.


    Disclosure; I was asked the very same thing as I was packing my seabag in January 1991. I chose correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh God, I get the "FB" emails in my spam folder...

    I never look in my spam folder. I prolly should. Not for those sorta e-mails, but just to see nothing real winds up in there by accident.

    I have a feeling the context or timing may not have been optimal...

    Timing. Asking that sorta question when you've been together (much) less than a year is way too early. IMHO.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't tell you why we can't leave well enough alone. That would be unauthorized disclosure of one of The Mysteries.

    Genteel term = Friends with Benefits. Although, the Friends part seems to have dissolved in your scenario.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't tell you why we can't leave well enough alone. That would be unauthorized disclosure of one of The Mysteries.

    Mysteries, indeed. God LOVE 'em!

    You're right about the friendship dissolving, Moogie. We had different objectives in mind.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.